Friday 23 January 2015

The Temp Book Launch - Chandeliers & Pink Bananas

Last night The Temp was officially launched in my parents' chandelier shop. It was the setting of my first book Shop Girl Diaries and seemed like the perfect place to welcome my new novel into the world.

I had a pinch yourself moment as I laid out my books. One minute you're writing a book about a girl leaving spray painted bananas around London and the next, well, you're spray painting bananas to decorate the launch of that very same book, which got picked up by Harper Collins.  

When I say one minute to the next, I'm actually talking years. I wrote the first draft of this book at the end of 2012. That's why I really wanted to celebrate and have a party!

My worrying about the space not being big enough or the fizz running out was unwarrented. No chandelier fell down à la Fools and Horses and even the bananas were unharmed at the end of the night.






A heartfelt thank you to my multi-talented friend, Piera Lizzeri, for helping me organise the launch and for spray painting the bananas. Thank you to my writing buddy, Rachel Malham, for welcoming and pouring drinks for all the guests. Thank you to my wonderful Uncle, for being the doorman, and my lovely Mum for till duties. 





Thank you to everyone who bought my book, brought me flowers and joined me in celebrating such an important moment...

I better stop before I well up...


If you would like a signed copy of The Temp, you can buy one direct from the blog. I'll be thrilled to pop one in the post for you! 





Signed Copy of The Temp (including UK postage) £9.99


                                              Signed Copies of The Temp
                                                     

*If you are in the USA and would like to get a copy of The Temp, please get in touch* emily@emilybenet.com

3 comments:

Helen Barbour said...

Glad to see the reappearance of the bananas after they fell off the cover. Congratulations on the launch!

Rae Stoltenkamp said...

Congratulations Emily. Way to go! Etc etc. So chuffed for you.

Emily Benet said...

Thank you Helen - I had to have bananas, didn't I? I miss the title!

Thank you Rae! :)