Friday 30 October 2015

Life Before the Internet vs Now

I've been writing lots of guest posts this week and answering Q&As in preparation for the launch of the #PleaseRetweet paperback. (Psst... it's free to download here!)

One of the questions I was asked was: 

"Is life better now we have social media 
or was it better before?"

It got me thinking.  Life is definitely noisier now, isn't it?

For instance, take what happened with Eric and Joanna. 


LIFE BEFORE THE INTERNET

"Joanna wasn't my cup of tea," said Eric.


LIFE WITH THE INTERNET

"Joanna wasn't my cup of tea," said Eric.

...which prompts this alarming international announcement




...accompanied with moving, public displays of emotion



...which arouses sympathy across the globe




and leads to sensational trending topics...



 (which of course is a fantastic opportunity 
for bloggers and content creators 
to get their message out there...) 



...and random strangers taking sides 
with other random strangers over an event between two other random strangers...




...and the creation of memes


Sorry... I meant animal memes...



...and of course Inspirational Quotes. #PeaceandLove



I have a feeling I may have got carried away with my answer. 

Can you repeat the question?


.......

For all the lovers and haters and addicts of social media, you can try out my book completely risk-free... 
because it's free!

(Free in UK only, I'm so so so so sorry lovely readers from all around the world who aren't in the UK, but if it was my choice I'd have included you ALL!)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! Brilliant, I'll have to remember to link back to this when my post is published! :)

Emily Benet said...

Thanks Hayley! I'll try to remember to remind you :)